O Fournier Winery, Argentina Architecture, San Carlos Building, Architect, Design, Photo
O Fournier Winery Argentina
New Building in San Carlos, Mendoza – design by Bórmida & Yanzón Architects
24 Oct 2008
O. Fournier Winery
Location: San Carlos, Mendoza, Argentina, South America
Design: Bórmida & Yanzón Architects
Winery Building in Argentina
Location and Landscape:
Located in the main wine region of Argentina, O Fournier Winery sits in a vast dry plain cradled by the Andes Mountains, whereby an oasis gives life to miles of artificially irrigated vineyards.
The project features four separate blocks in different levels that facilitate a continuous gravityflow system. This design features the ablility to continue building in stages while integrating wine tourism and catering to the client’s needs.
The different volumes coexist in harmony with their surroundings in an innovative approach that resulted in two circuits: an effective industrial circuit and a tourist circuit, endowed with beautiful landscapes and architectural experiences.
Each of the four volumes, built in reinforced concrete, glass and stainless steel, correspond to a specific function and adapt perfectly to the changing environment and weather conditions.
O Fournier follows an innovative architectural concept that seeks to express the very essence of XXI Century New World Wines while promoting a strong corporate image.
The most representative elements of the building could be described as follows:
Vintage Terrace: The terrace is embraced by two ramps on either side, sheltered by a steel cantilever umbrella cover. It comprises a central lab with iron and glass bridges and other annexes, and a central skylight that lights up the lower structure.
Wine Cellar: The cellar is located underground just below the winery’s central core, which is the reception area of the winery. Its distinctive concrete structure creates a cross sectional skylight. There is an iron catwalk, elevated off the ground, which diagrams the visitors’ circuit route.
Visitors’ Centre: The visitors’ centre consists of a bi leveled glass structure connected to the cellar and a deck, just above the irrigation pond overlooking the majestic Andes.
O. Fournier Winery – Building Information
O. Fournier Winery Mendoza – Building Information
– Project name: O. Fournier Winery
– Project address: los Indios Street (no number)
– Project address: La Consulta
– Town / City: San Carlos
– County / State: Mendoza
– Postcode / Zip: 5569
– Country: Argentina
– Project completed: 30 Jul 2007
– Area: 1º stage: 9500 m2, 2º stage: 2000 m2, Total: 11.500 m2
– Liters: 600.000
New Winery in San Carlos – Design Team
– Principal Partners: Eliana Bórmida & Mario Yanzón – Bórmida & Yanzón Architects
– Project Designers: Eliana Bórmida & Mario Yanzón – Bórmida & Yanzón Architects
– Project Manager: Gustavo Albera – Bórmida & Yanzón Architects
– Project Manager Assistant: Sonia Enriz and Paula Sanchez – Bórmida & Yanzón Architects
– Client / Developer: José Manuel Ortega – O. Fournier Winery
– Industrial Consultant: Felix Ruiz
– Industrial Designer: Ari Doctors – Grupo de Diseño
– Interior Designer: Bórmida & Yanzón Architects
– Landscape Designer: Eduardo Vera
– Main Contractor: Millennium S.R.L.
– Manager: José Luis Buesa – O. Fournier Winery
– Master planner: Bórmida & Yanzón Architects
– Structural Engineer: Juan Camps & Associates
– Sustainability Consultant: Mariano Morales
– Wine Maker: José Spisso – O. Fournier Winery
Mendoza Winery – also by Bórmida & Yanzón Architects
O Fournier Winery Mendoza images / information from Bórmida & Yanzón Architects
Location: los Indios Street, La Consulta, San Carlos, Mendoza, Argentina
Architecture in Argentina
South American Architectural Projects
Argentina Architecture Designs – chronological list
Another Winery Building in Argentina on e-architect:
KILLKA – Espacio Salentein, Tunuyán, Mendoza, Argentina, South America
Design: Bórmida & Yanzón Architects
photo : Mr
Killka Winery Argentina
Comments / photos for the O Fournier Winery Mendoza Architecture page welcome