Building Events, Architecture across the Globe, Talks, Awards, Images, Information, Projects
Architecture Events from around the world
Architectural Exhibitions + Lectures + Awards + Debates + Seminars + Shows in 2020
Building Events – now on
Architectural Events – rolling events diary
photo © Adrian Welch
Architecture Events : links
Architecture Events – coming soon
Architecture Events 2020, chronological:
Sea Change: Flood Resilient Architecture for the 21st Century, London, UK
1 Feb – 16 May 2020
Location: Roca London Gallery, Station Court, Townmead Road, London, SW6 2PY, England, UK
Exhibition Curator: Eva Woode
image courtesy of Roca
Roca London Gallery Spring Exhibition
Delivering Sustainable Housing and Communities
Wednesday 29th January 2020
Central London, UK
Join us for Westminster insight’s Delivering Sustainable Housing and Communities Forum, which will feature key figures from government, energy and local authorities. We will discuss innovative new methods in the planning, designing and building of sustainable housing stock that meets the environmental needs of future generations.
STUDIO #18 – Call for Papers
‘ANALOGIC’ – Issue No. 18
by STUDIO© Architecture and Urbanism magazine
ANALOGIC is a dimension that varies continuously as a variable, assuming an endless amount of values. The etymology of ANALOGIC originates from the union of two Greek words, “Ana” and “Logos”, which indicates “something similar” or “the same word”.
In recent years we are observing the weakening of the ANALOGIC architecture, which is molded into an endless proliferation of unique architectural objects that decline any fixed references.
ANALOGIC is the public space; ANALOGIC is the relational space for citizens; ANALOGIC is a composite procedure with a surrealist base, starting from certain events of the urban condition; ANALOGIC is an alternative way to address the city, approaching imagination, intuition and personal interests; ANALOGIC makes the city an artifact, an idea of type, architectural autonomy, and history as a collective imagination;
STUDIO # 18 ANALOGIC aims to understand how architecture negotiates its formal condition and its social role, asking itself: what are the ANALOGIC processes to use to dodge repetitions? What are the ANALOGIC methods to have a real force on the transformation of the city?
What are the ANALOGIC approaches in which architects can create a contemporary city?
We are accepting proposals for our forthcoming issue ANALOGIC Contributions may be submitted in different forms – essays, photographic essay, illustrations, data visualizations, case studies and projects, interviews, comic strips and even novels – exploring the issue in any field of design: architecture, urbanism, art, photography, graphic design, film… etc.
STAGE 01 (Abstract) – February 02nd 2020 – Contributors are asked to send a 200-word abstract about the proposal. – The abstract must be written in English – Maximum size of the submission (image included if present): 2MB
STAGE 02 (Final Piece) – February 16th 2020 – Selected contributors are asked to send the final piece, following the guidelines below:
– Essays, interviews and novels should not exceed 3.000 words maximum.
– All texts have to be submitted digitally in Microsoft Word (.doc).
– The piece must be written both in English and in the Original language. Image/Graphic
– Photographic essays, illustrations, projects…etc. should be sent with a 500 words maximum description.
– All images have to be submitted full color (CMYK), in either JPEG or TIFF format (300 ppi, 36×25 cm)
– All drawings have to be submitted full color, in PDF format.
– For every image/graphic include illustration source, name of photographer/artist and the authorization of copyright holder.
– A short biography of the author/s (max. 50 words)
Without these simple requirements you won’t be publish
All submissions via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
STAGE 01: February 2, 2020
STAGE 02: February 16, 2020
PUBLICATION: March 2020
RRC STUDIO Architects – via bettinelli, 4 – 20136 milan, Italy – T. +39 02 3313787
email@example.com – www.studiourbanism.com
New York Build, Javits Center, New York City, USA
March 3 – 4, 2020
The largest construction show in New York and the Tri-State. Officially supported by the State of New York, the show features 200+ speakers, 250+ exhibitors, 20,000+ attendees.
BIM Middle East 2020 Conference & Expo, Dubai, UAE
16 & 17 March 2020
Organised with Content Partners buildingSMART International, and the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC), and Event Partner Dubai Municipality, this is the region’s leading and biggest event on BIM.
Attracting international representatives from all stakeholders in government; municipalities; contractors; infrastructure operators; civil engineering; developers; architecture; consultants; technology providers; and industry associations.
Presentations focus on all dimensions of BIM from project concept and design, project management, to post construction asset management.
Just some of the presentations include:
• Visionary international and local keynote presentations
• Latest developments and regulations for BIM
• Digital Transformation for Future Construction
• Role of digital technology and BIM in Saudi Vision 2030 and The Red Sea Development Company
• Developing smart urban environments and cities through BIM
• Roadmap for implementation at Dubai Land Department
• Integration and utilisation BIM and GIS at Saudi Aramco
• Challenges of Digital Twins Adoption: Is the AEC Industry ready for it?
• Embracing the latest thinking in design technology
• Ensuring construction efficiency, green buildings and sustainability through BIM
• Identifying good and bad practices
• Unique challenges and benefits for BIM in Airport construction and management
• Latest developments for BIM at Musanada
• Ensuring full asset lifecycle and post construction management of large-scale construction and infrastructure projects
• Evolution of oil and gas EPC and role of BIM
• Role of BIM to ensure full asset lifecycle management of large-scale construction projects including shopping malls, hospitality and leisure facilities
• Manager, Majid Al Futtaim Properties – Confirmed
• How BIM changes land transport design, construction and asset management
• BIM and Real Estate Development
A separate half day workshop on the morning of 18th March focuses on implementation and application of Open Standards BIM.
Further details are on the event website: www.bimmiddleeast.com
If you supply BIM or construction technology, services and products, this event is an excellent opportunity to raise your organisation’s profile to major potential clients.
For further details on sponsorship or exhibition space please call +971 (0)58 598 9062 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Register now for early booking discount
You are invited to register for the 2-day conference at the early discount rate of AED 1,818 (USD 495), or AED 2,553 (USD 695) for the 2-day conference and half day workshop.
Modular, Prefab & Construction Tech Senate, NY, USA
April 28-29, 2020
New York, United States of America
World’s tallest modular hotel to rise in NYC
Scheduled to rise in the fall season of 2019, Marriott’s new AC Hotel New York NoMad will represent a major milestone for the hotel chain’s drive to encourage North American hotel developers to embrace modular as the next-gen construction method.
Danny Forster & Architecture, the firm responsible for designing the $65 million modular project, aims to erect the 168-room, 360-foot-tall tower over a 90-day period at the rate of an entire floor a day. Marking a turning point for industry confidence in prefabrication, Marriott is actively incentivizing development companies that leverage prefabrication for construction to the hotel chain’s advantage. Since its initial research into modular construction in 2014, Marriot has gone on to open over 31 Marriot-brand hotels – all low-rise structures – that include prefabricated guestrooms and/or bathrooms.
The Modular, Prefab and Construction Tech Senate is aimed to create a premier destination for professionals working across the built environment to gain insights and experience firsthand the latest innovations and opportunities in modern methods of construction.
Key Benefits of Attending:
- Addressing the causes of the productivity gap in the global construction industry and introducing the right tools and strategies to overcome it
- Exploring innovations to improve processes and workflow to drive efficiency, safety and sustainability of your modular and prefab projects
- Delving into the cutting-edge ideas, processes and systems being developed in the construction industry across single-trade, multi-trade and modular manufacturing processes
- Enhancing collaboration between project stakeholders in from planning and design to improving fabrication efficiency and streamlining logistics and job site operations
- Exploring the latest in construction technology shaping from drones and laser scanning, to robotics and AR, to IoT and automation and how you can leverage them in your business
If you have any enquiries, please contact me at +603-2775 0067 or natashas(at)internationalmagementresources.com
Limited seats are allocated for this event. Group booking package available with terms and conditions applied.
To register for this international conference, kindly fill in the registration form and fax or email it back.
27th World Congress of Architects – UIA2020RIO, Brasil, South America
27th World Congress of Architects – UIA2020RIO will be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
19-23 July, 2020
Home page – www.uia2020rio.archi (with English and Spanish versions)
Facebook – www.facebook.com/uia2020rio
Instagram – @uia2020rio_congress
Linkedin – www.linkedin.com/company/uia-2020-rio/
Twitter – @uia2020rio
Call for Papers, Turkey
3rd International Conference of Contemporary Affairs in Architecture and Urbanism
Alanya HEP University, Alanya/Antalya, Turkey
6-8 May 2020
The main aim of ICCAUA2020 is to bring together leading academic scientists, researchers and research scholars to exchange and share their experiences and research both through the conference podium and double-blind refereed publications opportunities.
Abstracts for Oral, Virtual and Poster presentations and proposals for special sessions are kindly invited.
– Architecture and Technology
– Sustainability and Urban Design
– Heritage and Cultural Landscapes
– Habitat Studies and Infra Habitation
ICCAUA2020 will be held in both English and Turkish languages.
Submit your abstract and full paper to: email@example.com
*The authors of the high quality Papers will get the certificate of “ Best Scientific Paper”.
*The awarded scientific papers will be recommended for the editors of the sponsored journals.
*All the authors will be able to attend in the three available workshops.
Deadline for Abstract submission 6 January 2020
Conference website: http://www.iccaua.com
Conference poster: http://www.iccaua.com/page/conference-brochure
Horakhsh ahmadnia, Alanya HEP University ICCAUA2019 Center, Alanya, Antalya, 07400, Turkey
Dallas Architecture Forum Architectural Events, Texas, USA
Bartlett School of Architecture Events, London, England, UK
The Bartlett, UCL’s Faculty of the Built Environment, marks 100 years of radical thinking with Bartlett 100:
A full programme of events throughout the year will engage the public in the work of The Bartlett across the built environment.
Architectural Aspirations: A Guided Tour of the RIBA, London, England, UK
Every second Saturday of the month, 2.30pm to 3.30pm, and every fourth Tuesday of the month, 6.30pm to 7.30pm.
RIBA, 66 Portland Place, London, W1B 1AD
£10 per person
Visit the home of architecture and hear about the places and faces behind George Grey Wornum’s winning design for the RIBA on Portland Place. Dedicated educators describe the landmark building before finishing with an introduction of the forthcoming exhibition.
Website: Guided Tour of the RIBA Event
Specifi Architecture Events, UK
DesignMorphine is a creative hub for design, developed through workshops, lectures, projects and explorations in the field of architecture, design and arts.
The firm have conducted over 30 workshops and courses in Europe, the Middle East and USA. Among them are successful collaborations with Harvard and MIT. They have planned workshops for Europe, Asia and USA.
London Festival of Architecture 2019, London, England, UK
London Festival of Architecture 2019 Events
Cal Poly Pomona Events, Pomona, Los Angeles County, CA, USA
Cal Poly Pomona Architecture Events
Architecture Events are added on the site daily over a 16 hour period. We cover architectural exhibitions, building talks, debates, conferences, book launches and competitions across the globe. Architecture Events welcome – please provide as a minimum one image and dates.
ESSEX Architecture Weekend
photograph © Catherine Hyland. Courtesy Focal Point Gallery
San Francisco Architecture Events, California, USA
image Courtesy SF:AIA
San Francisco Architecture Events
Rice Design Alliance Events, Texas, USA
AA School Architecture Events, London, UK
V&A Architecture Events, London, UK
Architecture Centre Bristol Events, England
University of Melbourne School of Design Architecture Event, Melbourne, Australia
University of Westminster Events, London, UK : Building Lectures
Deutsches Architektur Museum – Building Exhibitions, Germany
Columbia University Architecture Event – GSAPP : NYC, USA
Events for the World Architecture Events page welcome