Mathers Residence, Vancouver Residential Development, Canada Architecture
Mathers Residence, Vancouver
Canadian Residential Building – design by Eurohouse Construction
14 Aug 2014
New Vancouver Home
Location: 3255 Mathers Avenue, West Vancouver, BC, Canada
Design: Eurohouse Construction
Mathers Residence, Vancouver
- This spectacular residence is a vivid example of the West Coast style brought to its excellence.
- Beautiful natural granite envelopes the house exterior together with colossal cedar elements, integrates completely with the natural rock and secular cedar trees around the house.
- The curbs geometrics throughout the residence develop a central theme and mood: from the panoramic windows, to the elegant entrance with artistic glass, to the massive post-and-beam porch roof. Everything relates to one another and to the surroundings becoming a part of unified, interrelated composition.
- The house is positioned on the challenging rocky terrain, adjacent to the creek, in a way permitting to maximize the living areas and to save the space for a world‑class swimming pool.
Interior and functionality of the floor
- The residence is designed for a dynamic social lifestyle, and it is perfect for both entertaining and family needs, featuring a gorgeous living space with an open floor plan.
- The interior of the house meets its final goal: to address functionality and aesthetics.
- The main level includes a private office and an open living-dining space with an elegant kitchen for receptions and a separate working kitchen.
- The lower level includes a state-of-art 3D theatre, billiard, bar, steam room and wine cellar.
- The combination of floor to ceiling windows, skylights, beautiful views of the city and ocean create a unique atmosphere for rest and relaxation.
- The residence has an exceptional EnerGuide rating of 87, as assessed by independent certified energy advisors.
- The house features an air-to-liquid high efficiency heat pump and air conditioning system, modern appliances and LED lighting.
- The air leakage test’s results show that the home offers outstanding air leakage insulation and exceeds air tightness requirement for ENERGY STAR for New Homes® Certification.
Mathers Residence images / information received from Eurohouse Construction
To see all listed projects on a single map please follow this link.
House in Vancouver
image from architect
Jameson House Vancouver
Design: Foster + Partners
photograph : Nigel Young, Foster + Partners
Vancouver Convention Centre West
LMN Architects + DA/MCM
picture : VCCEP
UBC Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Design: Saucier + Perrotte / HCMA
photo : Marc Cramer
photo Courtesy of Hariri Pontarini Architects
Linear House, Salt Spring Island
photograph : James Dow
British Columbia House
Comments / photos for the Mathers Residence – Vancouver Home Architecture page welcome