Donnybrook Quarter London, Bow Houses, Flats, Property, Architecture, Photo, Design
Donnybrook Quarter, London : Bow Property
Bow Housing, east London – design by Peter Barber Architects
7 Nov 2012
Donnybrook Quarter Housing
Bow, east London, UK
Design: Peter Barber Architects
New photos of Donnybrook Quarter from 12 Nov 2012:
Location: junction of Parnell Road and Old Ford Road, close to the East Cross Route (A202).
The proposal is a celebration of the public social life of the street. Every aspect of the design is configured to promote buzzing, thriving public space made with a hard edge of buildings. Streets overlooked by balconies, bay windows and roof terraces. Streets where people might enjoy to sit out, kids to play, people going to and from their homes or just passing through.
Photos copyright Morley von Sternberg:
Donnybrook Quarter is a dense mixed use scheme and consists of living units as well as community, work and retail spaces configured as a terrace/courtyard hybrid typology.
Donnybrook Quarter Awards
– Innovation in Housing Competition – First Prize (run by Circle 33 + Architecture Foundation)
– Innovation in Accommodating Change award
– Housing Design Award 2003
– RIBA Regional and National Award 2006
– American Institute of Architects Award 2006
– Stirling Prize Building of the Year 2006 Shortlist
Bow Housing images / information from Peter Barber Architects
Location:Parnell Road, Bow, London, UK