Frequency Call for Papers 2020, STUDIO Architecture and Urbanism magazine Competition
STUDIO Frequency Call for Papers News
24 June 2020
Call for Papers – Issue #19 News
Frequency is the number of occurrences of a repeating event per unit of time. The time frame is the duration of cycles in a recurring event, where the time frame is the reciprocal of the frequency.
FREQUENCY is a dimension defined by actions and time.
FREQUENCY is not only defined by conditions enabling optimal phases, but also by discordant conditions reducing interferences between frequencies.
FREQUENCY is the distribution of size by rank, in decreasing order of size. The data could vary significantly in scale, but distributions frequently follow a power-law distribution.
In recent months we observed the power of low and high frequencies in the city, which was manifested in an economy clash, clean environments, riots, and public health hazards, creating the necessity for architects, urban designer, and theorists, to rethink the established concept of the city, public space and user interaction.
STUDIO #19 FREQUENCY aims to understand how the city reacts to extreme situations and how architecture can interpret and act on its observations, data, and future necessities. What is the long term consequence of low and high FREQUENCY?
How to predict and interpret the FREQUENCY in our cities? What are the values and qualities of the architectural FREQUENCY? How is FREQUENCY changing the way we live, design, and look at the city?
We are accepting proposals for our forthcoming issue FREQUENCY
Contributions may be submitted in different forms – essays, photographic projects, illustrations, data
visualizations, case studies and projects, interviews, comic strips and even novels – exploring the issue in any
field of design: architecture, urbanism, art, photography, graphic design, film… etc.
STAGE 01 (Abstract) – August 30th 2020
– Contributors are asked to send a 200-words abstract about the proposal.
– The abstract must be written in English
– Maximum size of the submission (image included if present): 2MB
STAGE 02 (Final Piece) – September 20th 2020
– Selected contributors are asked to send the final piece, following the guidelines below:
– Essays, interviews and novels should not exceed 3.000 words maximum.
– All texts have to be submitted digitally in Microsoft Word (.doc).
– The piece must be written both in English and in the Original language.
– Photographic essays, illustrations, projects…etc. should be sent with a 500 words maximum description.
– All images have to be submitted full color (CMYK), in either JPEG or TIFF format (300 ppi, 36×25 cm)
– All drawings have to be submitted full color, in PDF format.
– For every image/graphic include illustration source, name of photographer/artist and the authorization of
– A short biography of the author/s (max. 50 words)
Without these simple requirements you won’t be publish
All submissions via e-mail to: email@example.com
STAGE 01: August 30th 2020 STAGE 02: September 20th 2020 PUBLICATION: October 2020
STUDIO Frequency Call for Papers information / image received 070620 from RRC STUDIO Architects – via bettinelli, 4 – 20136 milan, Italy
Current Architectural Competitions Selection
Tomb of Waste Architecture Competition
‘RETHINK: 2025’ Design Competition
Call For Submissions: Sustainable Revolution
WAF / PechaKucha ‘Isolation Transformed’ Design Competition
Kaizhou New City International Young Designer Competition, Sichuan, China
Comments / photos for the STUDIO Frequency Call for Papers page welcome