Gourmet Street Food Competition, German Design Contest, Temporary Structure
Berlin Gourmet Street Food Competition
Open International Architectural Contest in Berlin, Germany – hosted by [AC-CA]
13 Jul 2015
Gourmet Street Food Competition
Gourmet Street food refers to highest quality and excellent flavored balanced meals, prepared well with good ingredients and sometimes quirky and a twist or new offering from the norm but with quick turnaround served on the street or outside the restaurants environment in special trucks or temporary and sometimes mobile food cabins.
AIM OF THIS COMPETITION
The aim of this International Competition is to design a Gourmet Street Food structure in the heart of the city of Berlin. The architecture of this new Berlin temporary structure or vessel should reflect contemporary design tendencies in its provision of an architectural solution to the current gourmet street food scene. The proposal must not only attend to the specific function but also take into consideration the urban context and impact.
This Berlin architecture competition hopes to achieve the following:
– Encourage and reward design excellence at a small scale which integrates function, structure and details.
– Research, respond to and highlight the unique aspects of designing a temporary self-support and possibly a mobile structure.
– To generate the discussion of ideas regarding the relation between Architecture and the new Gourmet Street Food trend.
– Encourage the employment of sustainable design in all aspects of the proposal.
Winning participants will receive prizes totaling US$ 5,000 with the distribution as follows:
– 1st PRIZE: US$ 3,000
– 2nd PRIZE: US$ 1,500
– 3rd PRIZE: US$ 500
– There will also be 7 honorable mentions.
Note: this is an open international competition hosted by [AC-CA] to generate progressive contemporary design ideas. There are no plans for the Structure to be built.
– Start of Competition – 10th July 2015
– Closing Date for Registration – 30th October 2015
– Closing Date for Submissions – 06th November 2015
To see all listed projects on a single map please follow this link.
[AC-CA] Architectural Contest – Recent Design Competitions
Tokyo Music Centre Competition
image from [AC-CA]
[AC-CA] Tokyo Music Centre Architecture Competition – 5 Mar 2015
Pedestrian Bridge Architecture Competition, Netherlands
picture from [AC-CA]
[AC-CA] Architecture Competition
Milan Information Pavilion Competition by [AC-CA]
Architecture in Berlin
Berlin Architecture : news + major buildings
Berlin Buildings : A-G
Berlin Building Designs : O-Z
Design: Graft Gesellschaft von Architekten mbH
photo from architect
Design: Prof. Christoph Mäckler Architekten
photograph : Hans-Georg Esch
Comments / photos for the Berlin Gourmet Street Food Competition page welcome