Brussels European Quarter, Building, Shortlist, Architecture, Project, Proposal
European Quarter Brussels, Belgium : Architecture
Belgian Development – New Urban Plan
Brussels European Quarter
Brussels European Quarter News : Announcement 9 Mar 2009
Belgian Urban Plan
A team led by Fletcher Priest is among a stellar shortlist of international architects chosen to tender a new urban plan to restructure Brussels’ European Quarter
The Brussels-Capital Ministry selected five teams from the initial 35 applicants on the recommendations of an advisory committee.
The shortlisted candidates:
– Christian de Portzamparc (F) in collaboration with Jacques Wirtz (B), Coteba Belgium (B) and OVE ARUP (UK)
– Fletcher Priest Architects (UK) in collaboration with WIT Architekten (B), ARUP (UK) et Davis Langdon (UK)
– Xaveer de Geyter Architecten (B) in collaboration with Michel Desvigne Paysagiste (F), Laurent Ney & Partners (B), TRITEL Mobilité (B) and Resource Analysis (B)
– OMA (NL) in collaboration with NFArchitects (B), Agence TER (F), OVE ARUP (UK), DEGW (UK) and SETEC Partenaire Développement (F)
– JDS Architects (DK and B) in collaboration avec Studio Associato Secchi-Vigano (I), 3E (B), Laurent Ney & Partners (B) and TRITEL Mobilité (B)
The Fletcher Priest team will now draw up design proposals. The brief seeks a strategy to double the density of a 13 hectare site at the heart of the European District of Brussels, consolidating facilities for the Commission, introducing residential development and transforming a harsh highway that forms one of the key axes leading to the centre of the city. The final selection is expected to be made at the end of the year.
Brussels European Quarter information from Fletcher Priest
To see all listed projects on a single map please follow this link.
Architecture in Belgium
Belgian Architecture Designs – chronological list
Architectural Tours – city walks
Further details of the competition available at:
www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/bul/bulf + http://ted.europa.eu
FLETCHER PRIEST ARCHITECTS
Fletcher Priest Architects is an award winning practice established in London in 1978, our Cologne office Fletcher Priest Bösl in 1992 and a new Riga office in 2008. Our London office consists of 85 people and remains located in the centre of the City. Our work covers urban design, architecture and interiors and we are one of the fifty largest practices in the UK. We have a thriving Design Research team and strong links with Universities and Schools of Architecture.
Comments / photos for the Brussels European Quarter Building page welcome
Brussels European Quarter – page