Jane Drew Prize 2013, Winner, UK Architecture Award, News
Jane Drew Prize : Eva Jiricna
Women in Architecture Award
11 Mar 2013
Jane Drew Prize 2013
Eva Jiricna to receive 2013 Jane Drew Prize
‘Incredibly influential…extraordinary architect’ awarded lifetime achievement by jury including world-famous architects Zaha Hadid and Rafael Viñoly, Ivan Harbour and Paul Monaghan.
Eva Jiřičná was awarded the 2013 Jane Drew Prize for her outstanding contribution to the status of women in architecture.
The jury was unanimous in its decision to award Eva Jiřičná the prize, describing her work as ‘incredibly influential’.
Zaha Hadid, prize judge and the winner of last year’s prize, said Eva Jiřičná had ‘reinvented the idea of retail’ with her 1988 flagship store for the Joseph fashion label and praised her mentorship of students and colleagues. Rafael Viñoly described her as an ‘extraordinary architect, but also an extraordinary person’.
Jane Drew Prize winner in 2013 : Eva Jiricna architect, based in London, originally from the Czech Republic.
2013 Jane Drew Prize Jury
– chair Christine Murray, editor of the Architects’ Journal
– Zaha Hadid
– Rafael Viñoly
– Ivan Harbour
– Paul Monaghan
– Martha Thorne, executive director of the Pritzker Architecture Prize
– Moira Gemmill, design director at the V&A
– Doreen Lawrence, founding director of the Stephen Lawrence Trust
– Laura Lee, chief executive of Maggie’s Centres
– Colette O’Shea, head of the London portfolio at Land Securities
– Peter Rees, chief planning officer, City of London
– Victoria Thornton, founding director of Open-City
The AJ Women in Architecture awards ceremony, where Eva Jiricna will be present to receive her award, will take place on 22 Mar 2013 at the Langham Hotel in London.
To see all listed projects on a single map please follow this link.
Comments / photos for the Jane Drew Prize 2013 Winner – Eva Jiricna page welcome
Jane Drew Prize – page
Website: ArchitectureNo tags for this post.