House Shutters, Home Window Coverings, Real Estate Sector Advice, Architecture Profession
Home Shutters, House Window Coverings
Real Estate Business Architectural Article – Professional Advice
30 Nov 2017
Home Shutter Design
Success Tips for Home Shutters
Shutter or No Shutter? They are more than just a covering
“We can help realise your ambitions.” I’m sure you’ve heard this from a real estate agent just so you’ll buy the house.
We all dream of owning a house. When this dream becomes a reality, it is important to maintain its beauty, keep it clean, cozy and free from damages.
Many homeowners are now installing shutters to their homes. Why? Shutters are becoming more and more popular because of its many benefits. Not only it protects your windows and doors but it adds a personal touch to improve the appearance of your home.
Besides the fact that it adds charm and style, it also adds value to your home.
What shutters do best?
Protect your home from wind damage
During storms and hurricanes, your home is at risk of wind damage such as broken windows and doors caused by high winds and debris flying through the air.
Protect your home by strengthening your windows and doors. How?
Storm shutters are the easiest and the most effective way of protecting any exposed windows and sliding glass doors.
Protect your home against burglary
Many homeowners go away on holidays. But if you’re worried about leaving your house empty, installing roller shutters can help you protect your home against theft.
A thief will crack the exterior or your house or break your door to get in. Roller shutter helps you avoid these damages as well as losing your belongings by putting off any intruders from breaking into your home.
If you are planning on selling your house, having a shutter can add more value to it. How?
- Shutters provide extra insulation so it helps in reducing utility bills.
- It helps reduce exterior noise levels.
- Gives light and privacy control.
- Unlike curtains, it aids in the reduction of household dust mites.
Besides covering your windows and doors, these advantages that you can get from having a shutter makes it easier for a real estate agent to sell your house, faster.
How to choose the right exterior window shutter for your home can be a bit tricky. Shutters come in different styles. Which one is right for your home? Here are a few tips when selecting the best shutter for your home.
- Make sure it matches the model of your home. Whether you choose louvered, raised panel, board and batten or plantation you should match your shutter to your home style.
- Measure the size of your shutter correctly. Measuring your windows and doors properly before installing a shutter is important. Here’s a guide on how to measure your windows for shutters.
|With of your windows||Recommended shutter width|
|24” or smaller||9”, 9¼”|
|24″ to 28″||12″|
|28″ to 36″||12″, 14½”, or 15″|
|36″ to 40″||14½” or 15″|
|40″ to 43″||14½”, 15″, or 16½|
|43″ to 48″||16½”|
|48″ to 50″||16½” or 18″|
|50″ or larger||18″|
- Choose a material that suits your lifestyle. Shutters are made of different materials such as wood, flaux wood, vinyl and composite. Whatever you choose, make sure it not just matches your lifestyle, it matches your home style too.
If you still don’t know what shutter to choose, go to a store near you. The people working there can suggest which style works best for you and your home.
Orthogonal Architecture by Richard Weston
photograph © Gonzalo Navarro
Heroic Architecture by Douglas Klahr
photograph : Nelson Garrido
Modernist Architecture by François Lévy
picture from TM
Globalisation Architecture by Trevor Tucker
photo © Nick Weall
Barclays Center Brooklyn by Dimple Soni
image © SHoP Architects
Comments / photos for the Helpful Tips for Home Shutters, House Window Coverings – Real Estate Sector Advice, article page welcome
Home Shutters, House Window Coverings – page