Maber Architects, Midlands Design Office, Building, Photos, News, Projects
Maber, Architects : Nottingham Architecture Office
Contemporary Nottingham Architect Practice, England, UK
Maber – News
EXPANSION PLAN FOR MABER FOLLOWING RAFT OF NEW PROJECTS
Maber, the Midlands-firm of architects, has won a stream of contract wins with a total construction value of more than £200 million.
The firm, with offices in London, Nottingham, Derby and Leicester, reports a series of high profile project wins across the East Midlands and nationally.
Maber’s managing director Mark Hobson says the firm has boosted its workforce over the past six months following new contracts with a number of new and established clients.
Mark said: “Maber has not stood still in the downturn and we have remained ambitious for growth. We have carried some really active marketing. There is work out there and we have managed to seek it out and find it.
“Our growth is quite a leap but as well as work for new clients, it is representative of a number of strong relationships with existing clients such as Rolls-Royce Aerospace, Miller Birch and Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club.”
As well as adding to its East Midlands workforce, Mark has revealed that the practice is setting up a London base this month (Dec).
He said: “We are well known in London as a practice with offices in the Midlands, but we needed to underpin our presence there.”
Maber currently has offices in Nottingham, Derby and Leicester and now employs a total of 50 people.
Mark added: “Despite the tough economic climate, we have seen a greater demand for our services. While much of our work is in Nottinghamshire and the wider East Midlands, we are carrying out more projects further afield and need a London office in order to support clients in the south of England.”
Current Maber projects include:
• the £20 million E.on development in Guildhall Street, Nottingham which is currently on site
• the new £6.5 million Energy Technologies Building at Innovation Park in Nottingham which is also on site
• five major interior design projects at the new Center Parcs in Woburn, Bucks
• a manufacturing and HQ facility in the West Midlands on behalf of Aero Engine Controls a 22-storey student accommodation scheme in Leicester for Megaclose
• a brand new 750-pupil community school in Tibshelf, Derbyshire
• the new Corby Urgent Care Centre for Northamptonshire NHS
• a new innovation centre at Leicester Science Park
• the £14 million Leeds East Academy working with contractor Interserve, the international support services and construction group
• a number of key projects for South Staffordshire College
In 2010, Maber won the RICS Project of the Year national award for its design of the Roundhouse Project in Derby – beating 450 other publicly funded projects throughout the UK. To put this in context the prize was previously won by significant London projects including the renovation of St Paul’s Cathedral and the refurbishment of St Pancras Station.
Other Maber projects recently completed include the Bioenergy Building at Sutton Bonington for The University of Nottingham which houses state-of-the-art laboratories and research facilities for food technology and brewing;; the Nottingham Geo-Spatial Building, also for the University – a cross-disciplinary research building; the new Bridgford Road Stand at Trent Bridge Cricket Ground; the pioneering Speedo International building at NG2 and the Nottingham High School Sixth Form Centre.
Maber Architects – Key Buildings
Featured Buildings by Maber, alphabetical:
More projects by Maber online soon
Location:17 Barker Gate, Nottingham, NG1 1JU, England, UK