Scottish Architecture Tours, Scotland Building Guide, Architects, Edinburgh, Glasgow
Scottish Walking Tours
Architectural Walking Guides in Scotland – Exclusive Building Walks in Edinburgh + Glasgow tailor made for Groups
Scottish Architecture Tours
Walking Tours of Scottish Architecture: Book at +44 (0)7952 149814 mob. +44 (0)7952 149814
Scottish Architecture Tour: Exclusive Guided Walks
Our Scottish guided tours are all tailored to suit each booking, we do not allow for bookings to be joined. Our guided tours in Scotland are all exclusive to each client.
Should you be planning an office trip, a conference, or university trip in Scotland please contact us and we would be happy to take your booking.
Scottish Architecture Walking Tours since 2001.
Scottish Architecture Tour Questionnaire
We do walking tours of Edinburgh & Glasgow and have developed a brief questionnaire to provide smooth communication for requirements. Please answer the following questions (copy & paste into an e-mail, or feel free to call us):-
1. How many people are coming?
2. Are any architects?
3. Who is your leader/director?
4. Who will be your contact/spokesperson for the Tour?
5. What are the dates and times of the trip?
6. Which areas are you proposing to visit on your Tour?
7. Do you need hotel reservations? If not, please specify your hotel and address
8. Do you need travel within Scotland? If not, please specify your method of transport
9. Do you require restaurant recommendations?
10. Do you require restaurant prior bookings?
11. Do you require just one guide (for Tour parties over 15 we recommend two) or more?
12. Would you like others such as architects to attend and talk about certain buildings?
13. Are you interested in a specific sector or type of architecture?
14. Are you mostly interested in contemporary architecture?
15. Do you require any maps or guide books sent ahead of the Tour at cost + postage?
16. What proportion of your entourage speak English?
17. Do you have any special requirements for the Tour – disabled access, dietary needs, etc.?
If there are any other requirements for your Architecture Tour please note them here:-
Scottish Architecture Walking Tours
Please use the website, it is packed with information on buildings, architects, hotels and restaurants. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have queries re your Scottish walking tour.
Some of the best new buildings in Edinburgh are in the Old Town – the Museum of Scotland, the Fruitmarket, Scottish Poetry Library, Scottish Parliament, etc and are all listed on the website’s Tours. It may be a good idea to surf the site, pick the buildings that interest and then we could help you visit them on your walking tour.
In Glasgow the Walking Tour generally follows a well-established route that takes in the Merchant City, the grand buildings of the Financial District and of course Glasgow School of Art. Bus Tours are very popular in Glasgow so outlying buildings such as the Riverside Museum and the Burrell can be visited.
Please contact Isabelle Lomholt on +44 (0)7952 149814 to arrange your walking tour to Edinburgh or Glasgow.
e-architect has been operating Scottish Architecture Walking Tours since 2001.
We’ve shown over a hundred groups around Scotland’s principal cities – Edinburgh and Glasgow.
e-architect operate both architecture walking tours and architectural bus tours.
We are more than happy to accommodate your needs and interests, please contact us for your Tour of Scotland.
Scottish Walking Tours – Traditional, Contemporary or Both
Scottish Architecture Tours can focus on traditional buildings, contemporary buildings or both. The Scottish Architecture Tour can be an introduction to the country’s main buildings or can be tailored to your group’s interests.
Walking Tours of Scotland can involve advice (for an agreed fee) ahead of trips about types and areas of buildings.
We can provide information on programme, geographical areas and building types up to a year ahead of your architectural walking tour. For example a group of architects interested in innovative Scottish housing could be provided with tailored information allowing a tour programme to be agreed prior to their visit to Scotland.
Visitors can be met from Edinburgh or Glasgow airport, their accommodation, or at the starting point of their walking tour in Scotland.
To see all listed projects on a single map please follow this link.
Architecture in Scotland
Glasgow Building Tours
photo © Neale Smith
Scottish Buildings – Selection
Hotel Missoni, Edinburgh
photo © Adrian Welch
Hotel Missoni Edinburgh
Glasgow School of Art
photo : Adrian Welch
Glasgow School of Art
Comments / photos for the Scottish Architecture Walking Tours page welcome
Scottish Walking Tour : page