Old Viewforth Stirling – Council Building

Old Viewforth Stirling Council Building, Victorian House on Pitt Terrace, Scottish Building, John Hay Architect

Historic Stirling Architecture

Old Viewforth on Pitt Terrace, Scotland, UK – design by John Hay architect

Stirling Council Building

Old Viewforth

Architect: John Hay
Location: 14-20 Pitt Terrace, south Stirling
Date: 1855
Status: Grade B listed

This Victorian property is the administrative headquarters of Stirling Council.

The Scots baronial style mansion house built for Peter Drummond.

Stirling Council Building

Buildings close by include Langgarth House & New Viewforth; further afield are Stirling Castle, Albert Halls, Stirling Tolbooth, Thistle Centre, Stirling Municipal Buildings and The Steeple Stirling.

William Hay (1818 – 1888) was a Scottish architect who was actively working internationally from 1842 to 1887. A specialist in gothic architecture, he is primarily known for his work on several churches and cathedrals. His most famous structure is the Bermuda Cathedral in Hamilton, Bermuda which he designed in 1885. Construction of the cathedral began in 1886 and was completed seven years after Hay’s death in 1905.

Contact Details:
Address: 14–20 Pitt Terrace, Stirling, FK8 2ET
Telephone: 0845 2777 000

Location: central Scotland




Architecture in Scotland

Scottish Architecture Designs – chronological list

Stirling Architecture

Stirling Castle

Battle of Bannockburn Visitor Centre

Thistle Centre Stirling

Historic Scottish Houses

Scottish Buildings




Perth City Hall Building Renovation
Perth City Hall interior renovation by Mecanoo
image courtesy of architects office
Perth City Hall Building Renovation

Traquair, Scottish Borders
Traquair House

Union Square, Aberdeen
Aberdeen Shopping Centre

The Mareel, Shetland
Mareel

Website: Architecture

Scottish Architect Studios

Comments or building suggestions / photos for the Old Viewforth Stirling – Victorian property, administrative headquarters of Stirling Council page welcome