The Vandewater Morningside Heights, 543 West 122nd Street New York City, NYC High-rise
The Vandewater, Morningside Heights
Manhattan Tower for Savanna, NYC, USA – design by INC Architecture & Design
Jan 25, 2019
The Vandewater, 543 West 122nd Street
THE VANDEWATER, the First Luxury Residential Building in Morningside Heights
Architects: INC Architecture & Design
Landscape Design: Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates, Inc.
–New Tower Transforms the New York City Skyline–
The Vandewater at 543 West 122nd Street
New York, January 2019 – Savanna, a New York City-based real estate investment manager, owner/operator and developer announces the official launch of The Vandewater – a 183 unit luxury condominium residence nestled within the charming, academic neighborhood of Morningside Heights. Designed by INC Architecture & Design, with landscapes envisioned by award winning firm Michael Van Valkenburg Associates (MVVA), the striking 391 foot tower with 24,000 square feet of amenities will add a transformative presence to the Manhattan skyline.
Vandewater, a first of its kind luxury condominium tower being developed by Savanna in Morningside Heights
Ideally situated at 543 West 122nd Street near idyllic Seminary Row, one block north of Columbia University and just south of Columbia’s $6.8 billion state-of-the-art Manhattanville Campus expansion, The Vandewater will deliver several firsts to the Morningside Heights community:
• Debuting Luxury Living – The Vandewater brings a caliber of residence never before offered to Morningside Heights commensurate with the world-class reputation of the surrounding academic community.
• Rooms with a View: Breathtaking Vistas & Striking Height – At 391 feet high and 33 stories, all The Vandewater’s residences have remarkable light, air and garden views with dramatic city vistas from the top third of the building. Preserved views in every direction allow for virtually no obstructions past the 20th floor, providing views of the George Washington Bridge, Hudson River, Central Park, downtown Manhattan and beyond.
• Architecture & Design from INC – From the minds behind 121 East 22nd Street and 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge Park, INC reinvents the great art-deco setback buildings of the 1920s at The Vandewater. The nearby neo-classical architecture of Columbia’s campus and the verticality of neo-gothic Riverside Church influenced the exterior, the grand double-height lobby and rich interiors.
• Pedigreed landscaping – MVVA, known for their creations at Brooklyn Bridge Park, Harvard Yard’s restoration and campus work at Princeton and Wellesley – have designed two private gardens, outdoor terrace dining and a modern cobblestone motor court drive. The Vandewater was selected as MMVA’s first ever multifamily condominium project in New York.
• Extraordinary Amenities – The 24,000 square feet of amenities across three floors of wellness living are inspired by historic luminary residents of Morningside Heights – George Gershwin, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Allen Ginsburg – and include a Salon, Practice Room, Great Room and Club Room. In addition to the private gardens and drive up motor court, services include a 24-hour doorman, concierge services by Luxury Attaché, a 70 foot lap pool, fitness center, forest-inspired Children’s Playroom, yoga/pilates room and pet spa.
Classic. Redefined. – Notable Finishes and Design
• Studio to four-bedroom residences capture a harmonious sensibility with custom craftsman-inspired kitchens in two tones of rich oak cabinetry, pewter hardware, honed Perla Venata quartzite countertops, Antique Brown granite island countertops and Miele stainless steel appliances.
• Tranquil master bathrooms are wrapped in honed Windsor Cream marble with a white oak double vanity and black travertine counter, frameless floor-to-ceiling glass shower and soaking tub. (See Fact Sheet for full building details)
“The Vandewater is the first development of its kind in Morningside Heights,” comments Christopher Schlank, Founder and Managing Partner of Savanna. “The property will add a new level of modern living to the neighborhood, while paying homage to the iconic architecture of the surrounding area.”
Marketing and sales will be directed by Halstead Property Development Marketing. Stephen Kliegerman, President, remarks “The Vandewater is a unique building on the Upper West Side and within the city as a whole. It delivers a new era in residential real estate unprecedented in Morningside Heights with a design to rival the city’s most iconic addresses.”
PRICING: Studios – 4 bedrooms from $920,000 to $6M.
Savanna, formed in 1992, is a vertically-integrated real estate investment manager based in New York City and focused on strategic property investments throughout the City’s five boroughs. The firm, led by Managing Partners Christopher Schlank and Nicholas Bienstock, pursues real estate equity and debt asset investments, including ground-up development and major repositioning projects. Savanna’s equity investments target value add/opportunistic returns by adding value through asset management and/or property development, redevelopment, and repositioning, deploying a team of more than 30 experienced investment, asset management, construction, and leasing professionals. Savanna also selectively invests in real estate debt instruments that have the potential to generate equity-like returns, including preferred equity instruments, high yield bridge and mezzanine loans, and B-notes. Since 2006, Savanna has invested over $3 billion in total capital across nearly 14 million square feet of real property.
Halstead Property Development Marketing is a leading sales and marketing firm dedicated to the craft of new development. HPDM partners with celebrated developers, architects, and designers to create superior building and living experiences of the highest caliber. Having represented billions of dollars in sales over the past decade, the team brings considerable skill, insight and dedication to carving out truly unique properties that benefit residents and developers. HPDM collaborates at every stage of the process, from site analysis to the final closing, crafting substance through our ardent attention to the development process. All properties receive additional exposure through the unmatched domestic and international Halstead Property network.
About INC Architecture & Design
Design Architect & Interior Design. Conceived as an intensely collaborative studio for which “context is king,” INC is dedicated to an integrated vision for the architectural and design disciplines. The rm is shepherded by founders Adam Rolston, Gabe Benroth, and Drew Stuart, who are involved with every INC project, big or small, from beginning to end, with a passionate hands-on engagement that brings their respective talents and interests to bear. This “team of interdisciplinary specialists” approach informs the culture and structure of the studio, where an expert is always within reach. INC is on a mission to fashion objects, spaces and buildings deeply and emotionally connected to their social and cultural contexts – in other words, design for humans.
About Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates, Inc.
Landscape Architect Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates, Inc. is inspired by the power of landscape architecture to deliver beauty in its many forms: rational, lyrical, and exuberant. The rm believes that the most meaningful landscapes anticipate what they will mean to their diverse audiences and emerge from straightforward, elegant problem-solving techniques. MVVA’s work is unfussy and original, sustainable and enjoyable, democratic and direct. Its work is rooted in the fact that landscape plays a critical role in shaping a positive experience of place—both found and designed— which helps enhance everyday experience, healthy communities, and quality of life.
The Vandewater, Morningside Heights: 543 West 122nd Street Manhattan images / information courtesy of SGLA
Location:543 West 122nd Street, New York
New York City Architecture
Contemporary Manhattan Architectural Projects
New York City Architecture Tours by e-architect
432 Park Avenue Manhattan
Design: Rafael Viñoly
image © dbox for CIM Group & Macklowe Properties
Comments / photos for the The Vandewater, Morningside Heights: 543 West 122nd Street New York City – Manhattan Office Tower page welcome
Website: 425 Park Avenue New York City