Office in Daman, India Building Development, Architecture, Architect
Daman Office, India : Architecture
Indian Commercial Building – design by Tushar Desai Associates + Jagdish Jani & Associates
21 May 2013
Daman Office Building
Design: Tushar Desai Associates + Jagdish Jani & Associates
Location: Daman, India
Office Building in Daman
The site admeasuring 3.5 Ha was located on the costal highway at Daman in an upcoming industrial area. The location for administration building was demarcated in the master plan in the southern corner of the site.
● A non air-conditioned office. Only manager / director cabins and conferences were to be air-conditioned.
● Total compliance to vastu norms. Reception in North-East Corner; Dining in South East corner and Directors in South – West Corner.
● Construction cost along with interior should be in range of 1800 – 2000 Rs/ Sq.Ft.
● Initially they were looking for a pre-fabricated building & later during the course of plan finalisation it was decided to go for RCC frame structure.
● To create a comfortable working environment without air-conditioning.
● To establish a design vocabulary that was simple enough to execute within the budget and yet strong enough to enhance working environs.
● Integrate structure, services & the interiors to minimize duplication and wastage of resources.
● Provides for glare free / heat free natural day lighting for interior spaces.
● Accommodate the client requirements in two bays of work areas 25’-0” x 110’-0” connected by utility & circulation areas & separated by a courtyard within.
● Introduce RCC slab with punctures covered with glass skylight & roof ventilating fans over the courtyard to ensure ample light & ventilation.
● Introduced greens inside to create a feel of working within a garden.
● Brought all services on the external face & covered them with corrugated cement sheet fascia – which also served for weather protection.
● In Interiors too we discarded unnecessary elements, used glazed partitions & minimal variations to create a feel of a “single space” & accentuate the architectural volume.
Daman Office – Building Information
● Material palette with “earthy browns / blues”.
● Glass & polycarbonate skylight.
● Vitrified tile flooring
● Painted corrugated cement sheets canopies & external fascia
● Internal glass partitions
● Construction Area = 15,000 Sq.Ft.
● Cost Per SqFt = 800Rs for Construction; 1200Rs for interiors
● Duration 2009 to 2011
Daman Office images / information from Tushar Desai Associates + Jagdish Jani & Associates
To see all listed projects on a single map please follow this link.
Architecture in India
Indian Architecture Designs – chronological list
Indian Architecture Walking Tours by e-architect
Indian Architects : architecture practice contact details
Indian Buildings – Selection
House with Balls, Ahmedabad
photo from architects
House with Balls
Raas Jodhpur, Rajasthan, north west India
The Lotus Praxis Initiative
photo © André J Fanthome-Jharokha
Indian Hotel Building
Residential Building Chennai, south east India
Design: ABIBOO Architecture
image from architects
Indian Residential Building
Comments / photos for the Daman Office – India Commercial Architecture page welcome
Daman Office Building – page