Frankfurt Liebieghaus Museum, Architecture, Photo, Design, Property, Image
Liebieghaus Museum : Frankfurt Architecture
Museum Building, Frankfurt-am-Main, Hesse, mid Germany
Liebieghaus Museum Frankfurt
Date built: 1896
Architect: Leonhard Romeis
Location: south of the river, central Frankfurt-am-Main
Expansion – Architects: Scheffler & Warschauer
Date built: 1990
Address: Schaumainkai 71, 60596 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Phone: +49 69 605098200
Liebieghaus Museum Metalwork is lyrical –
evocation of nature mixed with traditonal motifs:
The Liebieghaus was built in 1896, in a palatial, Historicist style, as a retirement home for the Bohemian textile manufacturer Baron Heinrich von Liebieg (1839–1904). The city of Frankfurt acquired the building in 1908 and devoted it to the sculpture collection.
A renovation was completed in October 2009. This included adding a publicly accessible “Open Depot”, making it possible for the first time to view certain parts of the collection that are not in the permanent exhibition.
Museum Ufe avenue of trees along river; views into heavily-wooded site from west
Frankfurt Architecture images by adrian welch available upon request:
photos 1280×1024 pixels, 72dpi
To see all listed projects on a single map please follow this link.
Building close to the Liebieghaus Museum
Frankfurt Liebieghaus Museum Photos © Adrian Welch
Comments / photos for the Liebieghaus Museum Photographs page welcome
Liebieghaus Museum Frankfurt – page
Website: Liebieghaus Frankfurt