Jimmy Connors World of Tennis Abu Dhabi, UAE Sports Building Project, News, Design, Images
Jimmy Connors World of Tennis, Abu Dhabi
UAE Stadium + Training Academy Building – design by Foundation Architecture & Design
18 Aug 2010
Jimmy Connors Tennis Centre & Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Design: Foundation Architecture & Design Ltd
Jimmy Connors Tennis Centre & Stadium in Abu Dhabi
– Foundation were commissioned to create a bespoke iconic tennis stadium and training academy for the United Arab Emirates.
– The design had to be instantly recognisable as a world wide brand.
– Foundation Architecture & Design were inspired by the deconstructed form of a tennis ball. The design firm then translated the shapes and forms of the dissected ball into the buildings. The distinctive curves of the seams are apparent in the roof lines of the buildings.
– The shells of the buildings float above a podium that enables sheltered movement between the facilities.
– Landscaping radiates from the buildings creating a sense of arrival and concourse.
– Foundation Architecture & Design started by dissecting a real tennis ball.
– The forms were then modelled in Autodesk Maya and the scale of the shells altered to suit the proportions of a world class tennis stadium. Foundation Architecture & Design use computer modelling to test and develop the design ideas.
– Once the proportions were fixed, design drawings were created in Microstation and presentation visualisations were produced.
– The concept design has provided a success brand for The Jimmy Connors World of Tennis.
Jimmy Connors World of Tennis, Abu Dhabi images / information from Foundation Architecture & Design
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Abu Dhabi Buildings
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi – FWAD building
ADIA Headquarters Building
Major Dubai Architecture Projects
Comments / photos for the Jimmy Connors World of Tennis Abu Dhabi – UAE Stadium + Training Academy Architecture page welcome
Jimmy Connors World of Tennis Abu Dhabi