Student Wall Competition, NTUT Contest, Building, Project, News, Design, Proposal
Student Architecture Competition, Taiwan
National Taipei University of Technology (NTUT) School of Architecture Contest : Information
page updated 29 Aug 2016
Student Wall Competition Taipei
12 May 2010 – registration closing date
19 May 2010 deadline – submission
Following the success of 2008 Bridge Design Competition, National Taipei University of Technology (NTUT) School of Architecture would like to further the event, by offering a second design competition to foster idea dialogues among students. Building upon past experiences, NTUT hopes to enhance the platform on which global exchanges can take place. Given architecture’s recent involvement with sustainability and global warming, this competition calls for creative responses to these environmental concerns.
This competition takes on an elemental perspective to architectural design and sustainability. Entrants are to imagine and produce creative proposals for an ecological “WALL”. The evaluation and definition of “WALL” are open to applicants’ imaginations. While the term “ecological” is subjected to many definitions: social, economical, sustainable, its re-evaluations are open to students’ interpretations. Entrants are free to choose or make site, real or virtual.
Open to international students in the fields of architecture and design related disciplines from an accredited four-year or five-year architecture program. Teamed collaboration consisting of students in the above mentioned fields is permitted. Works submitted must be of applicants’ original works. Works done through school studios are accepted, but limited to 2010 Spring term.
Online Registration deadline: May 12, 2010 5:00 PM Taipei Time (Taiwan)
Registration website: http://competition.ntutarch.com
(Upon completing registration, applicant will receive a registration number via email.)
Submission deadline: Received by May 19, 2010 5:00 PM Taipei Time
1. Two A1 presentations in portrait format (594mm x 841mm), mounted on board(s) no thicker than 15 mm. Entrant’s presentation boards are to be identified on the back with entrant’s name, and front and back with identification number. Names and other identifying information are not allowed on front side of the boards.
2. Two CD’s containing digital files of the board(s), in JPEG format with resolution no more than 300 DPI. CD’s are to be labeled with applicant’s registration number.
Student Wall Competition information from National Taipei University of Technology (NTUT) School of Architecture
To see all listed projects on a single map please follow this link.
(1) Gold Prize winner will be awarded $50,000NTD (cash or gifts equal in value) and a trophy.
(1) Silver Prize winner will be awarded $20,000NTD (cash or gifts equal in value) and a trophy
(1) Bronze Prize winner will be awarded $5,000NTD (cash or gifts equal in value) and a trophy
(3) Honorable Mention winners will be awarded $2,000NTD (cash or gifts equal in value) and a merit certificate
Winners will be announced and notified by June 03, 2010.
To be announced
May 26, 2010~June 01, 2010 at NTUT Cultural Center
Building Competitions : Archive
Comments / photos for the Student Wall Architecture Competition page welcome