Architects For Health Design Contest for Architecture Students, Building News, Deadline, Image
Architects For Health Design Competition
Student Healthcare Award: Architecture Information
page updated 27 Aug 2016
Architects For Health Design Contest
Architects for Health invite architectural students to submit projects to be considered for the third annual Student Healthcare Design Award 2010. As in previous years any* project relating to the design of a healthcare building can be submitted, however the 2010 competition introduces a greater emphasis on the sample brief – Designing for Death: Hell, Purgatory and Paradise and a specific prize will be awarded for the most successful response to the sample brief we have prepared.
In 2009 eighty projects were submitted, eight were short-listed and three were eventually selected for prizes.
REGISTER FOR THE 2010 PROJECT USING PAYPAL BY 2nd JULY 2010
- A response to the sample brief or a student architectural project concerning healthcare design**
- By students who are presently studying or having completed their studies within 18 months of submission date.
- Open to students worldwide
- Submission electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1200hrs on the 5th of July 2010
- The project has not been submitted in previous years
- Administration fee of £10 (GBP) payable by PayPal
MANDATORY SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- A brief 300-600 word narrative text (strictly no images, in English, MSWord.doc or .txt format) describing the design brief and the proposal. .Within this brief text include at what stage of your studies (e.g. RIBA part 1, RIBA part 2 or equivalent year in your country of education) the project was completed
- 4 no. A3 landscape (Correction: either landscape or portrait) PDF or JPG project sheets (text and images @ 300 dpi)
- Please clearly state your name and project title and institution on every submission page and number pages sequentially
- £2000 Prize fund to be divided between 1, 2 or 3 of the short-listed Candidates including at least 1 project responding to the Designing for Death Brief.
- Presentation evening at the RIBA (All short-listed to be presented by author or selected representative with substantial contributions to travel funds)
- Publication in a wide range of leading industry and design publications
- Judging panel to be published prior to event will include architects, academics and healthcare professionals
- AfH members can offer their services to support any institution interested in adding a healthcare building type to the student design programme
- Please contact AfH to discuss hosting the travelling exhibition subsequently AFH reserves the right to reproduce and publish all submission materials
- AFH reserves the right to final decisions on prize awards and interpretation of judging criteria.
** Acute, primary, continuing, social, mental health, or other justified in supporting text and approved by the judging panel.
Architects For Health Design Contest information from AfH
Building Competitions : Archive
Architectural Products – recent posts
Comments / photos for the Architects For Health Design Competition page welcome