Architecture-Studio, Paris Architects, Building, French Design Studio, Projects, News
AS.Architecture-Studio : Architects in Paris
Contemporary French Architects Practice : Projects in France / China
Architecture-Studio – Latest Building
Novancia business school, Paris, France
photograph : Georges Fessy
Architecture Studio – latest building
Following a competition organised by the Paris Chamber of Commerce, the restructuring and extension of Novancia business school, located on Armand Moisant street in Paris, was entrusted to AS.Architecture-Studio. This higher education institution, specialising in entrepreneurship, should accommodate 1500 students in 2011. The building features a property complex including classrooms, offices, 3 amphitheatres, a 260-seat auditorium, a resource centre, a recording studio and food and beverage areas.
6 Jun 2012
AS.Architecture-Studio – Competition Winners
Young Arab Architects International Competition Winners
The international jury for the Young Arab Architects competition gathered in Paris on 29 May 2012. Three prizes and twelve honorable mentions, including a special mention, were awarded. The projects will be displayed in Venice and in Paris.
Over 140 architects from Morocco, Algeria, Lebanon, Egypt, Tunisia, Syria, Jordan, Palestine, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, Sudan, Qatar and Libya submitted their projects.
After reviewing applications, three winners tied for first place and twelve selected entries were also awarded, including a special mention.
Young Arab Architects Competition Winners
– Tarik Oualalou (Kilo Architectures) from Rabat, Morocco, for the project « Volubilis Archeological Museum ».
– Chamss Oulkadi from Agadir, Morocco, working with Khalid Ait El Madani for the project « Memorial, history of a destroyed city ».
– Youssef Tohme (Y.Tohme / Architects & associates) from Beirut, Lebanon, for the project « Campus for innovation, economics and sport ».
Young Arab Architects Competition Honorable Mentions
– Saba Al Muhtaseb, working with Wala’a Mazahreh and Yaman Amr, Jordan, for the project « The living voids »
– Khalid Al Najjar, UAE, for the project « Code Business Tower »
– Aziz Alqatami, Kuweit, for the project « Aziz Alqatami’s studio »
– Marwan Basmaji, Lebanon, for the project « Barbar temples visitor center »
– Aimad El Kanit, Morocco, for the project « Solar park in Tinghir »
– Meriam Ghandi, Morocco, for the project « Building with the villagers »
– Hind Oudrhiri, Morocco, for the project « Vague(s) »
– Nivine Ibeche, Syria, for the project « Alif, LAM, Body : between body and Damascus, an architectural dialogue »
– Paul Kaloustian, Lebanon, for the project « House in a forest »
– Driss Kettani, working with Saad El Kabbaj and Mohamed Amine Siana, Morocco, for the project « Multidisciplinary faculty of Taroudant »
– Ahmad Tahlawi, Syria, for the project « Alkelania district archeological site »
– A special mention was awarded to Meriem Gherba and Wydad Tedjini Bailiche, and Yamina Esma Tebib and Fatima Benmenni for their respective graduation projects conducted under the direction of Mohamed Adel Souami, professor at the Polytechnical School of Architecture and Urbanism (EPAU) in Algiers. They are all graduates from the EPAU.
17 Apr 2012
AS.Architecture-Studio – Competition Jury
Young Arab Architects International Competition News
AS.Architecture-Studio confirm the jury for the Young Arab Architects competition:
– Dominique Alba (Director of Atelier Parisien d’Urbanisme – APUR)
– Roueïda Ayache (Architect)
– Rasem Badran (Architect)
– Farrokh Derakhshani (Director of Aga Khan Award)
– Frédéric Edelmann (Journalist at Le Monde newspaper)
– Mona Khazindar (General Director of the Arab World Institute)
– Mohamed-Larbi Merhoum (Architect)
– Martin Robain (Architect)
– Amar Sabeh El Leil (Architect)
– Laurent Thery (Deputy CEO of SAEM Euralille)
The international jury will meet in Paris on May 29 2012.
AS.Architecture-Studio – Competition
Young Arab Architects International competition
30 Apr 2012 – dossier submission deadline
CA’ASI, located in Venice and founded by AS.Architecture-Studio, is designed as a venue open to all those who are fond of architecture, urban planning and art. It functions like a laboratory and makes professional debate available for the general public. On the occasion of the International Architecture Biennale in Venice, CA’ASI opens its doors for young architects and “architectures”, in order to offer an offbeat perspective on the chosen theme of the Biennale or Venice’s relation with architecture.
In 2012, CA’ASI and the Arab World Institute organise a new international architectural competition entitled « Young Arab Architects », following the success of the New Chinese architecture competition in 2010. CA’ASI and the Arab World Institute thus offer this opportunity to another part of the world, by drawing a parallel between young architects in various Arab countries. The Arab World Institute is CA’ASI’s partner for the 2012 edition indeed.
The competition represents a unique opportunity to emphasize the important role played by the Arab World today, reflected by the renewal of its architecture. The dossier submission deadline is set for 30 Apr 2012. An international jury will meet in Paris at the end of May in order to select the winners and the exhibited projects. The award ceremony will be held at the Arab World Institute during next fall.
The best projects will be displayed at CA’ASI from the end of August until October, on the occasion of the 13th International Architecture Biennale in Venice. On the occasion of its 25th anniversary, the Arab World Institute will take over the exhibition in Paris, from the end of October until December 31st 2012. Contact to enter this architecture competition: email@example.com
AS.Architecture-Studio – Key Projects
Featured Buildings by Architecture-Studio, alphabetical:
Cultural Centre in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
image from architects
Cultural Centre Muscat
The European Parliament, Strasbourg, France
picture from architects
European Parliament Strasbourg
Maison de Radio France, Paris
image from architects
Maison de Radio France
Le Quai Theatre in Angiers, France
photo : Luc Boegly
Théâtre ‘Le Quai’
Major Buildings / Projects by AS.Architecture-Studio, alphabetical:
Ecole Nationale des Douanes, Tourcoing, France
The European Parliament, Strasbourg, France
Forum des Arènes, Toulouse, France
Institut du Monde Arabe, Paris, France
Architecture-Studio with Jean Nouvel
photo © Jean Nouvel ; photograph: Georges Fessy
Institut du Monde Arabe building
Our Lady of the Ark Covenant Church, Paris
Palais de Justice, Caen, France
Tirana central masterplan, Albania
Project won in competition 2003, 35 entries
More buildings / projects by Architecture-Studio online soon
Location:10 rue Lacuée, 75012 Paris, France
Architecture-Studio – Practice Information
AS.Architecture-Studio Architects office based in Paris, France
picture : Foster + Partners
Website: Architectural Tours
Comments / photos for the Architecture Studio – French Design Office page welcome