De Telegraaf, Architecture, Photos, Date, Holland, Architect, Date, Picture
De Telegraaf Amsterdam : Architecture
20th Century Building in The Netherlands, Europe
Library of the Universiteit van Amsterdam
Address: Singel, northeast side
Former Office building
De Telegraaf Amsterdam
Date built: 1927-30
Design: Staal / Langhout
The Telegraph is the largest Dutch daily morning newspaper at the time of writing.
De Telegraaf was founded by Henry Tindal. The first issue appeared in 1893.
Following Tindal’s death the printer HMC Holdert took over De Telegraaf in 1902.
In 1926 Holdert began construction of a new printing facility at the Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal in Amsterdam, designed by J.F. Staal and G.J. Langhout. Construction was completed and the building occupied in 1930.
In 1974, De Telegraaf moved to its current location in the Basisweg.
To see all listed projects on a single map please follow this link.
Architectural development close by:
Amsterdam Museum building – Van Gogh Museum buildings
Amsterdam Architecture – contemporary building information
photograph © Adrian Welch
Amsterdam Buildings – historic building information
photo © adrian welch
Comments / photos for the De Telegraaf Amsterdam Architecture page welcome